August 17th, 2010 Add Your Comments Bookmark and Share

When am I ever going to learn to deal with one project at a time?! I’m a fool unto myself. Anyway, here’s a quick update on how my essential checks have worked with the website I bought.

Essential Updates For More Traffic

As you can roughly see from the screen shot above the number of searches my website is appearing in the search results for has increased. I know it doesn’t look much but if I take the last 5 days from before I took over to the last 5 days recorded the average daily figure increases from 140 impressions to 232, that’s about a 60% increase in the space of 2 and a half weeks. I haven’t done any link building and I’ve only added 1 page to the website. I think a 60% increase for those little changes is quite good? The amount of search traffic the site gets has increased as well but only by about 10-15% (I’m on target to hit just over 700 unique visitors this month), I haven’t had the time to go through and optimise all the page descriptions yet. Everytime I start it something else crops up and I only get a couple done. It is on my to do list this week before I take a weeks break so fingers crossed.

The other result from my changes has been that Google has now found more broken links. This comes from Google crawling more pages so I’ve got a list of about another 24 errors to go and fix, once that is done there should be some further improvement in the above stats.

Once I’ve got the foundations sorted out I can looking at a content posting schedule, some serious link building and decide on what I really want the site to be. On the positive side of things I’ve already had my fist Poker referral from the site who has made me £52.76 so far this month. A long way to go till the website is paying for itself but a pleasant surprise all the same.